1½ c cooked cannellini beans or 1 can, rinsed
1½ c cooked pinto beans or 1 can, rinsed
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 large bunch of kale
¾ cup warm water
5 dates, pitted
½ c pineapple
½ c pineapple juice
2 T apple cider vinegar
2 T dijon mustard
1½ tsp garlic granules
1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Add diced onion to a large skillet over medium high heat. To sweat the onions keep the lid on the pan and stir occasionally.After about 5 minutes, the onions will be soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and sweat for another two minutes. Then add the chopped kale and cook for a few minutes, tossing frequently.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a blender and blend to an even consistency.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, the veggie mix, and the barbeque sauce.
- Gently toss this mixture so all the kale and beans are covered with sauce.
- Pour this mixture into a 9×13 inch casserole dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.