1 c dates
1.5 c apple juice
1 c oat flour
2 c rolled oats
¾ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ c blueberries, frozen
½ c walnuts
- Cut dates in half, remove the pits and soak them in apple juice.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper in a 9 x 9 in baking pan, making sure the sides are covered. Cut slits in the corners of the paper so that the paper overlaps and is flat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Put the bananas and vanilla extract into a blender. Add the strained apple juice to the blender, set dates aside, and blend until creamy.
- Then add the dates. Pulse a few times, so the dates are in small pieces.
- Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredient bowl. Mix until blended evenly. Stir in the blueberries and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Test for doneness, by poking bars with a fork. If it comes out clean then remove pan from oven.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.