2/3 cup plus 1/2 cup oat flour (140g) (for all substitution notes, see nutrition link below)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 tbsp brown sugar or brown coconut sugar (or Sucanat)
4 tbsp xylitol or white sugar (or evaporated cane juice)
1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts (or sub another nut)
3 tbsp to 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I never bother to measure.)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp vegetable or coconut oil
3-5 tbsp milk of choice, as needed
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix very well.
- Add wet, and form into a big ball.
- Now make little balls from the big one.
- For soft cookies, refrigerate until cold (otherwise, just bake right away). Bake 7 minutes, or until they’ve spread out and look just a little undercooked. Remove from oven when they’re still a little undercooked, then it’s important to let cookies cool at least 10 minutes before trying to remove from tray, as they’ll continue to cook while cooling. For soft cookies, store in a lidded plastic container.
- For crispy cookies, store in a lidded glass container.