If Halloween coming around tomorrow had you craving some sweets, but not wanting to sacrifice any newfound health goals this year, today we are sharing some tasty treats that won’t leave your body feeling depleted.
To start things off, here here’s a recipe from our nutrition educator Katie Mae.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- 1⅓ cup raw cashews
- 1⅓ cup raw walnuts
- 1⅓ cup gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 24 soaked dates*
- 2 teaspoons date juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons mini vegan chocolate chips
- In a food processor, combine cashews, walnuts, oats, and salt and pulse for about 30 seconds until fine. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor, add dates, date juice, and vanilla extract and pulse for a few seconds. Using a spatula, push dates down from the sides of the processor and pulse a few more seconds (dates will be chunky).
- Add date mixture and chocolate chips to nut/ oat mixture and stir until well combined. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Run hands under water if you experience dough sticking to your hands. Chill for at least 20 minutes before serving. Extra bites can be frozen.